Cooking Around The World
Video Instruction & Recipe
To learn how to make Basic Crepes with Honey Sea Salt Whipped Cream, follow along with Chef Adena with the video below!
Basic Crepes with Honey Sea Salt Whipped Cream and Bananas
- Measuring cups
- Cutting Board
- Pairing Knife
- 2 medium bowls
- 12-in nonstick skillet
- Stove Top
- Rubber spatula
- Large spoon
- Hand Mixer or Table Mixer
- Plate for crêpes
- Kitchen towels
FOR THE CREPES
- 1 cup all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted, plus more for the pan
HONEY SEA SALT WHIPPED CREAM W/ SLICED BANANAS
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 5 whole bananas sliced
FOR THE CREPES
- In a blender, combine flour, sugar, salt, milk, eggs, and butter.
- Puree until mixture is smooth and bubbles form on top, about 30 seconds.
- Let batter sit at least 15 minutes at room temperature. You can jump to the whipped cream in the meantime.
- After 15 minutes, heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly coat with butter.
- Add 1/3 cup of batter and swirl the pan to completely cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Cook until the underside of the crepe is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Loosen edges of crepe with a rubber spatula, and then using a spatula quickly flip. Cook for 30 seconds more.
- Slide the crepe out of the skillet onto a plate and repeat with remaining batter. Coat pan with butter as needed.
- Keep finished crepes warm with a clean towel on top.
FOR THE HONEY SEA SALT WHIPPED CREAM
- pour the heavy cream into a large mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until it begins to thicken.
- Add honey and sea salt, continue to beat until soft peaks form. Taste it and add more honey if you like it sweeter.
- Put 4-5 tablespoons of whipped cream across the center of the crepe.
- Top the whipped cream with slices of banana.
- Gently roll the crepe and top with powdered sugar or chocolate sauce.