Crêpes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Filling
Crêpes are French-style pancakes that are thin and flat. They can be filled with sweet or savory ingredients. We love them filled with a sweet cream cheese filling and strawberries like in this recipe below.
Crêpes are different from American pancakes because they don’t have a rising agent in them (like baking soda or baking powder) so they turn out thin and delicate, rather than thick and fluffy. This makes them perfect for filling with any type of fruit for a fun weekend breakfast or a special dessert!
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting boards
- Paring knives
- 2 medium bowls
- 12-in nonstick skillet
- Hot plate
- Rubber spatula
- Large spoon
- Mesh strainer
- Plate for crêpes
- Kitchen towels
- 1 cup all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter melted, plus more for the pan
- 1 cup strawberries rinsed, hulled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar plus more for serving
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- In a blender, combine flour, sugar, salt, milk, eggs and butter.
- Puree until the mixture is smooth and bubbles form on top, about 30 seconds.
- Let batter sit at least 15 minutes at room temperature. You can make the strawberries in the meantime.
- After 15 minutes, heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly coat with butter.
- Add 1/3 cup batter and swirl to completely cover bottom of skillet.
- Cook until underside of crepe is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Loosen edge of crepe with a rubber spatula, and then with your fingertips, quickly flip. Cook 1 minute more.
- Slide crepe out of skillet onto a plate and repeat with remaining batter. Coat pan with butter as needed.
- Keep finished crepes warm with a clean towel on top.
For the Strawberry Filling
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a second bowl, mix cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in strawberry mixture until well combined.
- Put about 1 to 2 tablespoons of the strawberry mixture in each crêpe.
- Roll up and serve with dusted with additional confectioners’ sugar. Enjoy!